You are here
- 15 web applications: Django, node, express, Angular, react, ASP, firebase, websockets.
- 12 mobile apps: Android, iOS, iOnic, react-native, flutter
- 3 desktop applications: Windows, Java, Python
- 2 OculusGo apps: Unity
- 1 Alexa skill
- 1 Computer Engineering project
Dr. Lisa Luo has received a research award from the National Science Foundation (NSF) for her research project "A Malware-Inspired Approach to Mobile Application Repackaging and Tampering Detection." This project is looking at ways to add repackaging detection capability into Android and iOS apps, so that the phones will be able to detect if an installed app has been tampered with.
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Jianjun Hu has received a research award from the South Carolina EPSCoR/IDeA/(NSF) Commission on Higher Education (SC CHE) for his project titled "Deep Learning for Discovery of Noncentrosymmetric Materials with Second-order Nonlinear Optical Behavior".
Dr. Jason O’Kane has received a grant award from the National Science Foundation for his research project titled "Planning Coordinated Event Observation for Structured Narratives ". This research studies how to direct a team of robots to obtain video footage to produce clips that trace a dramatic story arc. It is an examination of how such systems might achieve goals that people consider to be abstract or high-level. The video below explains some of their work, or read the article Could robots make a documentary about a 5K race?
Applicants are required to:
- Have a Master's or Ph.D. in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related field by the beginning date of employment
- Participate in student engagement activities such as student advising and recruitment
- Relevant industrial experience or teaching experience is preferred.
Each year the Faculty of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) award four Outstanding Senior Awards. This process is never easy given the many excellent and accomplished students in our program. After much deliberation, we have decided that the 2019 Computer Science and Engineering Outstanding Senior Awards go to:
- Computer Engineering Outstanding Senior Award: James Coman
- Computer Engineering SCSPE Award: Wylie Gunn
- Computer Science Outstanding Senior Award: Charissa Pichai
- Computer Information Systems Outstanding Senior Award: Michael Afrin
All awardees will be honored at the University Awards Day ceremony. In addition, Wylie will be honored at a special awards banquet of the South Carolina Society of Professional Engineers.
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Jason Bakos has received a research award from the Savannah River National Laboratory/DOE for his project titled "Data Analysis, Computer Vision, and Machine Learning".
The University of South Carolina is initiating a search for the Director of the new Artificial Intelligence Institute. The pan- University Institute is expected to draw core or affiliated faculty from almost all colleges. The College of Engineering and Computing is well positioned to support this University-wide Institute and is in the midst of expanding its tenured and tenure-track ranks by over 40 faculty members.
We are honored to report that Dr. Marco Valtorta has been recognized as Senior Member of the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) in recognition of his achievements and long-standing efforts in the field of artificial intelligence and his long-term participation in AAAI. Senior Member status is designed to recognize AAAI members who have achieved significant accomplishments within the field of artificial intelligence.