The objectives of the Undergraduate Program of Computer Science and Engineering are to provide the student with a thorough grounding in mathematics, science, and computational subjects and to prepare the student for a professional career or graduate studies in computer science, computer engineering and other fields. Our Computer Engineering, B.S.E. degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, and our Computer Science, B.S.C.S. and our Computer Information Systems, B.S. degrees are accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Computer Engineering, B.S.E.
- Computer Science, B.S.C.S.
- Application Area and Computing Course Clusters. This degree also requires 9 hours in an application area. Computing Course Clusters are recommendations for sets of classes that will train you in specific career paths.
- Computer Information Systems, B.S.
- Math and Computer Science double major
- Bachelor's/Masters Accelerated Program
Minor Degrees and Specializations
- Minor in Computer Science.
- Minor in Applied Computing.
- Minor in Data Science
- Cybersecurity: Information Assurance Specialization.
Before signing up for classes every semester, a student must meet with his advisor to get the list of courses approved. You can find out who your advisor is by logging into my.sc.edu. For more information, see our advisement page.
Every year many of our undergraduates win Magellan Scholarships to work with some of our professors. To apply for one you will need to approach one of our faculty and ask them if they have need for a undergraduate research assistant. The faculty member will then guide you in the application process for a Magellan scholarship.
We have an active ACM student group. You can visit them in Swearingen 2A17.
We have an active CyberSecurity group that meets regularly.
We also have a chapter of Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the Honor Society for the Computing Sciences.
Our ACM student group offers some tutoring for lower-level classes.
You will also find all these requirements in the University of South Carolina's online academic bulletin, along with all the other majors the University offers.
The current undergraduate director is Dr. Vidal, you can contact him with any questions about undergraduate education.