Yes. If you are working on a research project under a faculty member for this department you can get CSCE 498 credit for it (3 credit hours). To sign up for CSCE 498 you must fill out the Undergraduate Independent Study Contract and then bring it to Student Services. They will sign you up for CSCE 498. Once you pass the class, then you can fill out our request for course substitution form and ask for CSCE 498 to be used as one of your 500-level electives.

If you received a Magellan Scholarship working for a CSE professor, just ask them to also use your work as a CSCE 498.

Updated: 08/20/2021