Pay: $10 per hour
Hours: 10-20 hours a week between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Time frame: Flexible start date (as early as May 9); Must be available for Summer 2022
Position Summary: Working as part of the College of Engineering and Computing’s Communications Office, the writing intern will create written content aligned with the college’s strategic content plan. This will include a variety of assignments, such as news releases and articles, student and faculty spotlights and research features. The writing intern may also be asked to do internal and external marketing writing for newsletters and brochures. While most of intern’s time will be spent writing, they will also have the opportunity to take headshots and other photo assignments and create digital storytelling through social media platforms, if interested and capable.
What interns receive through the position: Past interns have been able to build their writing portfolios with published work that they create in their time at the CEC. They have been exposed to feature writing and advanced storytelling.
- Rising sophomore, junior or senior at the University of South Carolina
- Some journalistic or writing experience
- A history of published written content
- Basic knowledge of photography
- Proficiency with AP style
To apply, send to email@example.com:
- Two written works (published or unpublished)
- Contact information for two professional references with knowledge of student’s writing skills
Please send all applications to Rachel Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org).