Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Graduate Teaching Assistant is to serve in an instructional capacity. Graduate Teaching Assistants provide professional-level instruction under supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Science, Communication Science, or other related fields.
- Experience in relevant technical languages and tools such as Python and R.
- Experiences in Data Analysis
- Familiar Data Visualization tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI
- Time management.
- Knowledge of higher education teaching principles and practices
- Skill in planning, organization, coordination of activities
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
Duties and responsibilities
Here are some examples of responsibilities.
- Helps in creating teaching materials such as slides and lecture notes
- Provides general assistance to the professor in instructional activities for a designated area
- Leads discussion groups
- Serves as an assistant in lab or other classes
Duration and Salary:
The Teaching Assistant/ Data Visualization will work 10 or 15 hours per week in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and sample of your codes to Dr. Ehsan Mohammadi at firstname.lastname@example.org. For full consideration, please mention the job title “Teaching Assistant/ Data Visualization” in the subject line of your email.