Summer Research Jobs

If you are undergraduate interested in getting paid to do some Computer Science research over the Summer at some other University, may I recommend the NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program. You get paid, you get a housing and meals allowance, you get travel money, you might get and extra bonus at the end, and you get to spend the summer at a different university playing with cool technology.

You have to apply directly to each school that you wish to join. Here is the list of REU Universities offering positions in Computer Science. There you will find a link to that University's REU homepage which should have instructions on how you can apply. Now is the time to start applying for summer positions.

Doing an REU will also look great on your resume and will greatly improve your chances of getting into graduate school at the school you worked at (as long as you did a good job while you where there, of course).