Research Computing at UofSC is currently searching for a student to be part of a research project involving computer vision and deep learning. The student will work closely with a diverse team of computer vision, library, and history researchers to build libraries from the outcome of text-identification from historical videos. It involves testing computationally complex deep learning model on high performance computing clusters. This position provides an outstanding opportunity for a student to be working directly with researchers and subject matter experts on a variety of advanced topics. We pay $15 per hour, up to 30 hours per week during this summer.
- Major in Computer Science, GPA > 3.0.
- Hand-on experience with Python, C/C++.
- Preferred courses: Linear Algebra, Computer Vision, Machine Learning courses.
- Preferred knowledge of deep learning concepts.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Good communication skills.
University of South Carolina