I am looking for 1-2 graduate research assistants with minimum GPA 3.3 to work 10 hours/week for $10/hour between Sept 1st and Dec 8th (~$1200 in total). I prefer the students who joined USC on Spring 2017 and passed a data analytics course with A or B. Based on the RA performance, it is possible to renew the contract for Spring 2018.
Please send me an email with your unofficial transcript and your CV including GPA, publications, research, technical, and industry experiences. I will contact the potential applicants to have a meeting at the School of Library and Information Science.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you any question. You find about this project and minimum requirements in the following.
- Review research papers
- Learn related data science methods
- Analyze text data
- Send weekly reports
- Java or Python Programming (Intermediate Level)
- Basic knowledge about statistics
- Good writing skills
- Research experience or publications
- Knowledge about data science and text mining
Personal Characteristics Required:
- Eager to learn new computational methods
- Be responsible and tidy
- How to analyze text data
- How to develop a research in social media
- How to interpret the outputs of data mining tools
Amir Karami, PhD
School of Library and Information Science