The customer is a subsidiary of a premier global supplier of material handling equipment for the plastics industry for over 20 years. Their newest location, in the Charlotte Metro, will focus on serving the plastics industry for North/South America and Canada.
This is a very unique and exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate to start on the ground floor with an amazing company.
Position Description: The position involves building the customer material handling product lines and installing them into clients’ facilities.
The candidate will:
- Be Responsible for the installation, calibration, and troubleshooting of our automated material handling equipment.
- Create PLC programs, repair, service and maintain PLCs.
- Modify existing programs from customer requirements and specifications.
- Interface PLC with third party equipment.
- Provide direct assistance to customer personnel to resolve equipment issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Electrical Engineering Department to troubleshoot electrical/programming related issues.
- Provide technical support in developing and improving processes.
- Provide guidance to electrical and mechanical technicians in programming, repair, installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Managing others as well as providing mentoring oversight to entry level techs may be required.
- Other typical activities include wiring of electrical systems, troubleshooting of systems, and electrical and mechanical repairs
- Must have experience in reviewing and checking designs, field modifications and redlines of electrical drawings, and data prepared by other control engineers.
- Knowledge of and experience in PLC programming, HMI interface devices, and troubleshooting. Omron PLC experience a plus however we are willing to train the right candidate
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software. (Excel and Word a must)
- Effective time management skills are required as position will require working on several projects concurrently.
- Must be able to work independently or on project teams with other disciplines.
- Enjoy working in an environment of constant growth and learning.
- Ability to pass security and drug screening.
- Overtime work, domestic and international travel will be required at times.
- Must be able to legally work in the US
Education: Electrical, electronics, industrial instrumentation, mechanical, computer or process/controls technology degree. Coursework in analog and digital control systems and PLC programming highly preferred.
Interested candidates please email tal.Kasher@kay-group.com Subject line: PLC Specialist.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.