Division: Thompson Construction Group
State: South Carolina
At Thompson Construction, our internships provide a meaningful, hands-on experience to prepare you for a career in the IT industry. As a summer intern you will assist with our first level response and resolution of help desk incident tickets. This role is the front line point person for all customer service-related technology questions and will coordinate with the IT team and across the organization to ensure quality resolution in a timely manner. You will also aid the team to insure all new hires have the resources they need to be successful, this will include a laptop, cell phone and iPad. The IT team will also look to you for help with the growing company's needs, working to reach innovative solutions to our daily problems. The ideal candidate will have an established background supporting Windows end users on laptops and desktop computers running a wide range of applications.
This role will provide technical assistance to end users and will document, track and monitor problems to enhance employees technology experience. The position will be part of the Corporate IT organization that supports cutting edge technology including Sage, SAP B1, SharePoint, Exchange, VMWare, SQL Server, and other Microsoft software and hardware products.
• Manage help desk ticketing queue
• Resolve first-tier support issues; route second and third-tier support issues to appropriate IT support staff.
• Technology inventory management control.
• Install, configure and maintain Windows laptops and desktops.
• Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and peripherals.
• Install, configure, debug and resolve remote access (VPN) connectivity to the corporate office and satellite offices.
• User administration for phone system and Windows domain.
• Quote, purchase, and track computer related orders.
• Currently enrolled in a collegiate degree seeking program
• Expertise with the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Applications;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Experience with troubleshooting and repairing laptops and PCs; mobile devices; imaging solutions or software; ticket management system experience a plus;
• Experience with troubleshooting and supporting Apple products is a plus;
• General understanding of basic network and infrastructure technologies;
• Strong communication skills and ability to explain technological solutions to colleagues with a wide range of computer knowledge;
• Strong ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and efficiently;
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.