A well-established and growing Managed Service Provider (MSP) based in Charlotte is looking to fill a paid summer internship role, which will dispatch within approximately 3 hours radius of Charlotte, in both North & South Carolina. Please review the following job description, requirements, and procedure for application. We look forward to hearing from you.
The IT Service Intern shall be responsible for:
- Performing onsite routine maintenance to client's networks to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring proper labeling and description of workstations, servers, printers, and networking equipment
- Verify equipment is properly setup with our remote access tools
- Vacuum dust away from workstations, servers, and networking equipment
- Tidy up networking equipment
- Take a physical inventory of all equipment to ensure they are listed on the report provided by our monitoring agent
- Take photos of server and networking equipment to aid in future remote troubleshooting efforts
- Maintaining a professional and personable rapport with clients while on site
The IT Service Intern shall have the following skill set at a minimum:
- Basic computer hardware knowledge
- Basic networking knowledge
- Extremely good communication skills so as to facilitate cooperation between client and our internal service team
The following qualifications are preferred for candidates for the IT Service Intern position:
- Student currently enrolled in Computer Science program or similar department
- Clean driving record and good driving habits
- Reliable transportation
What you will receive:
- A company focused on making a great company culture
- An opportunity to make a difference in the company and be rewarded for doing so
- Access to a company vehicle for client travel
- Variety in the work that is performed in a fast-paced environment
- Potential for full-time hire upon graduation from school.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
About IRIS Solutions:
IRIS Solution is a fast growing, IT Managed Service Provider based in Charlotte, NC. We are a group of technical experts who are committed to client success. Our primary business is to implement and support IT for small to medium-sized businesses throughout North and South Carolina.