The University of Virginia’s Office of Communications seeks a passionate Developer to join award-winning creative team. Candidate must have an interest in creating best-in-class web/digital environments using an innovative approach to development. Working as an integral member of the creative team, the Developer will help build, optimize, customize and maintain Drupal-based web/digital environments to showcase rich media and creative content on the University's owned web/digital platforms and sites. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Developer will work alongside designers, writers, video producers, photographers and others to help support the University mission, elevate the reputation of the University, promote its brand, and develop creative content across owned and earned web/digital platforms.
- The Developer will have opportunities to succeed and contribute to the creative product, and success of University Communications in many ways. Core Responsibilities include:
- Participation in individual and team based design and development efforts.
- Consulting with leadership to provide expertise on complex projects and support and enhancement of Drupal sites owned by University Communications.
- Problem-solving, coding, testing and implementation of development approaches and applications, and evaluating applications after implementation.
- Using code to create compelling, unique and stable web/digital brand experiences
- Stay current with module updates, security updates and best practices on secure web-programming techniques.
- Complying with data security policies and standards and implementing up-to-date data security measures.
A competitive applicant for the Developer role will have many of the following knowledge areas skills or abilities:
Knowledge Areas, Skills, or Abilities:
- Working knowledge - or the ability to gain knowledge - of backend Drupal development.
- An innovative, collaborative, deadline-driven individual who is willing to take direction and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience developing, theming, and maintaining best-in-class open-source websites including, module and security maintenance.
- Experience working with Acquia Cloud and Drupal a plus
To express interest in this opportunity, please prepare and upload a cover letter stating your interest in the position, along with a resume here. For more information, please contact Melissa Hurst at email@example.com or additional information may be found at http://executivesearch.virginia.edu/search/developer.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.