University of South Carolina
College of Engineering and Computing
- Nov. 26, 2019: Jason D. Bakos, Charles A. Daniels, and Philip Conrad sign contract with Cognella Publishers to write a textbook: "Integrative Design and Programming of Internet-of-Things and Cyberphysical Platforms"
- Nov. 25, 2019: Rasha Karakchi successfully defends her Ph.D. dissertation "An Overlay Architecture for Pattern Matching"
- Nov. 21, 2019: New funding from AFOSR DURIP: "Real-Time Edge Computing in Structures Experiencing Shock", PI: Austin Downey, CoPIs: Jason D. Bakos, Paul Ziehl, Sourav Banerjee, Lingyu Yu, 2020-2021
- Nov. 17, 2019: Dr. Bakos co-organizes H2RC for the fifth year!
- Sept. 4, 2019: Dr. Bakos signs contract with Elsevier Publishing to write the second edition of his textbook "Embedded Systems: ARM Programming and Optimization"
- Aug. 5, 2019: New funding from NSF: "RTML: Small: Collaborative: A programming model and platform architecture for real-time machine learning for sub-second systems", PI: Austin Downey, CoPI: Jason D. Bakos, 2019-2022
- July 29, 2019: New funding from NSF: "SHF:Small:A Unified Approach for Scheduling Computer Vision Dataflow Graphs" PI: Jason D. Bakos, 2019-2021
- July 16, 2019: Rasha Karakchi gives talk at ASAP 2019 "An Overlay Architecture for Pattern Matching"
- July 16, 2019: Madushan Abeysinghe gives talk at ASAP 2019 "OpenVX Graph Optimization for Visual Processor Units"
- Jan. 1, 2019: New funding from SRNL: "Data Analysis, Computer Vision, and Machine Learning for DOE-STD-3013 Plutonium Surveillance Program", PI: Jason D. Bakos, 2019-2019