Points for each assignment
2 points per exercise, plus 3 points for general issues
(layout, organization, citations, reference list): 15 points.
Do the exercises at the end of chapters 1 and 2 of [B].
Due date: Thursday, August 29, 2013.
- Your homework essay must be typed, double-spaced, in 12-point font.
The essay, in total, must be no longer than two pages. Please type the
questions as well as your answers.
- Please turn in hard copy, but save the source file,
because you may be asked to
submit an electronic version later.
- For question 1 on p.15, provide only one occurrence and
why you think it should have been included.
- For question 2 on p.15,
provide only one example of each of the two kinds and
explain why they meet the conditions of the question.
- For question 3 on p.15, provide only one kind of problem and explain why
computer has raised a unique dilemma.
- 2 points for registering on Jobmate (or confirming registration)
- 2 points for each of company overview and position overview
- 3 points for resume
- 4 points for essay on what you need to learn to be competitive for the
position you apply to
- 4 points for the essay describing your visit to the career fair.
Total: 17 points
(HW3) Do the three exercises at the end of Ch.3 [B] and the exercise
at the end of Ch.4 [B]. Due date: Thursday,
February 26, 2013. A two-page paper (roughly half a page per
question) is expected. Total: 12 points (3 points per question).
- (HW4) Do the exercise at the end of chapter 6 [B].
Due date: Tuesday, October 3, 2013.
Total: 10 points.
- (HW5) Do the exercise at the end of chapter 7 [B].
Due date Thursday, October 24, 2013.
Total: 10 points.
- (HW6) Do exercises 1 and 4 at the end of chapter 9 of [B].
Each exercise is worth 5 points. Total: 10 points.
Due date Thursday, October 31, 2013.