Student Travel Support
Deadline for applications is June 24, 2019 5:00 pm EST
The 33rd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy (DBSec’19) offers travel support for student participation. DBSec’19 attracts participants from data security and privacy research communities. A unique aspect of the IFIP 11.3 working conference is that it is structured so that participants have ample time to discuss research topics. This is especially beneficial for graduate students and undergraduate students who are interested in research but lack experience.
We are soliciting applications from students who are1) graduate students enrolled in South Eastern regional colleges and performing cybersecurity research, and 2) undergraduate students interested in cybersecurity graduate studies. We strongly encourage underrepresented minority and female students to apply.
The travel support will cover: 100% of registration fee, 100% of accommodation (double occupancy), 100% of all meals and events of the conference, and partial travel cost (depending on the student’s location).
Students’ Responsibilities at the conference:
· Arrive to Charleston on July 14th, to participate in a brief orientation (5 – 6 pm) and the conference reception. Connect with other conference participants
· Participate in the conference program between 9 am – 5 pm (see https://dbsec2019.cse.sc.edu/program.html for details). Your participation in the social events is voluntary.
· Participate in a closing event (lunch) on July 17 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm and answer review questions about the conference
· 1-page CV, including a brief summary of the applicant’s research interest and description on how this participation would benefit the students’ research and education, and
· a support letter from a current faculty member is required to endorse the application to the DBSec’19 and briefly describe the progress or status of the student.
Applications will be evaluated with a subset of the conference TPC. Applicants will be notified about the decision no later than June 28, 2019, 5:00 pm EST.
Please submit your application materials to Dr. Csilla Farkas, email@example.com. Use the subject line: DBSec’19 Student Travel Support for your email submission. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, please call: (803)576-5762.