Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Email: email@example.com Phone: (803)576-5762
2000 Ph.D., Information Technology, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
1993 M.S., Computer Science, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
1989 B.S., Computer Science, Institution of Computer Science, Budapest, Hungary
1985 B.S., Geology, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary
2006- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
2000-2006 Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
1996-2000 Research Assistant, Department of Information and Software Engineering, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
1995-1996 Teaching Assistant, Department of Computer Science, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
1987-1989 Geologist and Computer Scientist, Hungarian Oil and Gas Trust, Budapest, Hungary
1985-1987 Computer Scientist, River Exploration Company, Budapest, Hungary
Honors and awards
2015 Samuel Litman Distinguished Professor Award, College of Engineering and Computing, University of South Carolina
2015 Most Valuable Professor, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Carolina
2013-2016 Bell South Teaching Fellow, College of Engineering and Computing, University of South Carolina,
2008 Young Investigator Research Award, College of Engineering and Computing, University of South Carolina
2007 Outstanding Achievement, NSF Career, University of South Carolina
2003-2008 National Science Foundation Career Award
1996-1999 IT&E Doctoral Fellowship Award, George Mason University, VA
1994 Computer Science Graduate Honor Roll Award, George Mason University, VA
Primary Research Areas:
Other Experience and Professional Memberships (last 7 years only)
Ph.D. Dissertations Supervised
1. Aspen Olmstead, “Web Service Transaction Correctness,” Graduated 2014. Tenure-track Assistant Professor, College of Charleston, SC, http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/etd/2728/
2. Sidney Valentine, “PLC Code Vulnerabilities Through SCADA Systems,” graduated 2013. Vice President, Academic Affairs and Student Services, South Florida State College, http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/etd/803/
3. Ousmane Dia, “Access Control Frameworks for Rapidly Evolving Business Enterprises,” graduated 2012. Research Scientist, Amazon, http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/etd/778/
4. Maryam Jafari-Lafti, “P2F: A User-Centric Privacy Protection Framework,” graduated 2010. Manager, Enterprise Risk Services at Deloitte, Canada, http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/etd/194/
5. Amit Jain, “RDF Security,” graduated 2008. Semantic Web Researcher, Hyderabad, India
6. Vaibhav Gowadia, “Semantic-Aware XML Security,” graduated 2007. Senior Java Developer, Smartology.net, UK
7. Tyrone Toland, “: Inference Problem in Dynamic Databases,” graduated 2005. Associate Professor, University of South Carolina, Upstate
8. Naren Kodali, “Enforcing Semantics-Aware Security in Multimedia Documents,” graduated 2004. IT Security Architecture and Compliance/Audit Consultant, Faculty at Stratford University
9. Andrei Stoica, “Integrated Security Framework for Semantically Enhanced Semi-Structured Data,” graduated 2004. Vice President, Global Systems Development at IMS Health, Philadelphia
1. Anna Starrenburg, “Efficient Storage Allocation for Web Services,” expected graduation 2015.
2. Mark Daniels, “Medical Privacy – Big Data Aspect,” expected graduation 2016.
3. Emad Alsuwat, “Web-Based Transactions Efficiency,” expected graduation 2017.
4. Mouiad AlWahal, “Ontological Reasoning for Security,” expected graduation 2017.
5. John Ravan, “Prediction-Based Web Services Concurrency Control, “ expected graduation 2017.
6. Theppatorn Rhujittawiwat, “Streaming Data Security Model,” Expected graduate 2017.
M.S. Theses Supervised
1. Surya Bhatt, “Big Data Analytics for Market Research,” graduated 2015.
2. Emad Alsuwat, “Practical Concurrency Support for Web Service Transactions,” graduated 2014. http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/etd/3007/
3. Biswa Senapati, “Column Store Database - A New Approach to GIS Application,” graduated 2012. http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/etd/798/
4. Ankur Jain, “Accountability and Privacy Preservation (AP2) in VANET Communications,” graduated 2011. http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/etd/783/
5. Brandon Barkley, “Sensitive Data Protection n Social Networks,” graduated 2008.
6. Chaitanya Evani, “Secure WS Orchestration with BPEL,” graduated 2007.
7. Deepanwita Roy, “Secure XML Updates,”, graduated 2005.
8. Vaibhav Gowadia, “XML Access Control,” graduated 2003.
9. Sharon Gregory, “A National Evaluation of State Level Computer Crime Units,” graduated 2002.
10. Ronni Wilkinson, “Honey Net Project,” graduated 2002.
11. S. Agnihotri, “Database Reengineering Using Modified System Development Life Cycle Approach,” graduated 2002.
12. B. Wongsaisuwan, “Secure Database Systems: A Case Study of Banghkok Fresh Market,” graduated 2001.
1. Hatim Alsuwat, “Usability of Security Tools,” expected graduation 2015.