You are here
We are in search of a graduate student to help write software for our new company ReadWriteCommunicate. ReadWriteCommunicate is a patent pending online writing assessment that evaluates a student’s writing sample. ReadWriteCommunicate will incorporate readability statistical algorithm, OCR (Optical Character Reignition) software and website design.
The University is having their STEM Career Fair on September 25th . SPAWAR will be participating and will be hiring. We have On-the-Spot Hiring Authority and will be making offers at the completion of the Career Fairs. This year our target is 150 New STEM Graduates and approx. 30 Interns. We are looking for Computer Science majors, Computer Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Math majors, Physics majors, Operations Analysts, etc.
- Maintain and update computers across various University Housing offices on campus
- Troubleshoot and resolve client’s various computer related issues
- Install new hardware and software as needed
- Check in and out various IT equipment to Housing Staff
- Check in and out of temporary building access cards to Housing Staff
- Troubleshoot student and staff access control issues
- Update various software and hardware as needed
- Answer phones as needed
- Duties as assigned
Two positions of Student Researcher are available as part of an internally-funded grant project. Undergraduates from any discipline may apply; coursework in Media Arts, Art History, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Geography, and Library Science is preferred. Student Researchers will contribute to a collaborative and interdisciplinary project devoted to reimagining eighteenth-century architectural illustrations and maps by Giovanni Piranesi from USC’s Irvin Department of Rare Books and Special Collections.
I work for Datanova Scientific and we’ve posted internship opportunities on the SC job board previous years. Currently we’re looking to hire a data engineer and a developer. Ideally, we would like to give the opportunity to new graduates. If you could let your past and current students know of these opportunities, it would be much appreciated!
I’ve attached the 2 job descriptions below:
Sr. Cloud Native Developer
Design and implement Micro service–based solutions to support back–end processing.
- Create RESTful Web services to expose and process data.
- Contribute within a DevOps enabled continuous integration environment.
- Understanding of DevOps and experience in Build and Deployment tools (GitHub, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins)
Due to a sudden and unexpected retirement, the UNCG Department of Computer Science has an immediate opening for a full-time Visiting Assistant Professor for the 2018-19 academic year. Candidates will be teaching some master's level and upper-level undergraduate classes, so must have either earned their Ph.D. or be completing a Ph.D. program shortly (defending in a month or two).