The nonpartisan, nonprofit, Partnership for Public Service is currently accepting applications to the Cybersecurity Talent Initiative, a unique cross-sector opportunity for students in cybersecurity and cybersecurity-related fields, including computer science, engineering, information science and mathematics. Learn more about our first cohort here. The deadline to submit an application is November 13.
You are here
Looking for a capable undergraduate student in developing a mobile application (IOS and Android) with a fellow USC student. The mobile application is a straightforward idea and should not take too much time. Must be able to discuss via Zoom or in-person in Columbia the idea. Will be compensated for your time upwards of $200 based on performance. Looking for someone to help brainstorm ideas and solve problems with it too.
1) Must be US citizen( due to funding resource requirement)
2) Will work in the exciting area of Artificial intelligence & Machine learning for materials discovery with Dr. Jianjun Hu of Computer science and Dr. Ming Hu at Mechanical Engineering
3) For master students, it can be 20 hours/week for undergraduate, 10 hours/week
The Career Center is hosting two upcoming “Pathways to Professions” virtual events. These events are UofSC exclusive and will allow students to learn more about Vanguard (Wednesday, October 28th at 1:30) and Capgemini (Wednesday, November 11th at noon) and their internship / new graduate programs.
I am looking for an undergraduate who would like to do their Honors thesis project on "Analyzing the Connection between Surface Freshwater Lenses and Hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico using Satellite Observations and Model simulations".
I have funding to support this project for Spring and Summer 2021. Interested students must be a Junior/Senior Honors student and interested in Satellite Oceanographyocean modelling and an excellent programming experience with Matlab.
- Are you a student looking for a professional opportunity to learn about homeland security related research to enhance your research interests and career goals?
- Do you want to learn from top scientists and subject matter experts in homeland security disciplines and areas of research?
- Do you want to network with your peers and members of the academic and scientific communities in government facilities conducting research in DHS relevant areas?
If you answered “Yes”, to the above questions, the HS-POWER program is for you!
You will be working with other developers to create components for a user-facing web app that will be communicating with a RESTful API powered by the flask python library as well as a mySQL database.
Familiarity with SQL, linux VPS, python (flask), and CSS is a plus but not required.