You are here
Capstone Computing Project
During your first meeting determine which times, from the list below, the group can meet with me.
Each group, please submit the form below to let me know all the times your team can meet, by Friday, September 4 @midnight. Note that it is OK if some in the group have to arrive late/leave early by up to 15 minutes. We will be meeting every-other week.
Team assignments are done. In the end 71 students chose a client project, while 22 chose a Startup project (or Dr. Rekleites' special project). In the assignment, 49 students received their first-choice project, 18 got their second-choice, 3 their third-choice, and 1 got their fourth-choice (sorry if this is you!)
The table below list the project names along with the email addresses (all are @email.sc.edu) of the students in the project. Email the other people in the project now, and get started on Milestone 1 which is due Monday September 7.
Fill out the form below by Thursday, August 27 @midnight with your project preferences. By now you should have read all the project descriptions. I will feed these preferences to my program to find a solution where all groups are of 4 or 5 students while giving everyone their best possible choice.
If you are on a startup group, do not use this form. I already know what group you are in.
If you don't have one, get a github username before filling out the form.
TIP: If you first login to this website you will be able to change your preferences after submissions, but before the deadline.
I have just invited all of you to our slack group. You should get the email at your @email.sc.edu address. If not, email me. After you create your account, install the clients you need. They have desktop, web, and mobile clients.
Slack is Chat for work. It is only for communication, not grading. All graded stuff must be in your github repo. Watch the welcome lecture for details.
My initial plan for the channels is:
- #general: all my announcement and general class discussion
- #android, #ios, #web: platform channels. Subscribe to the one you are using. Create more as needed
- #startup: discuss your startup ideas
- #proposed-projects: discuss the proposed projects, ask me questions and I'll try to answer or contact client.
- #your-github-reponame: you will create this after you create your github repo. It is for your team. Make it public or private as you wish (I can't go into private groups).
- create more channels as you see fit.
- You can Direct Message me (or, anyone) when you want a private chat. Feel free to DM me. Also, if you @josemvidal mention me in a public conversation I will get notified.
Below are the client project proposals for this year. Feel free to contact the prospective client to ask questions about the project. Click below to see the whole list.
Do you need a mobile, web, desktop app, or hardware, built for you for free by our students? Then you might want to become a Client of the CSE Capstone project. All we need is a short description and your willingness to meet with the team of students. You will find more details in the client information and application page.
These are the final projects from the 2015 Capstone project class. Click on the name of each project to visit its website. This year we have
- 10 web applications, a couple of them mobile-optimized, most of them using responsive design
- 5 Android applications
- 1 iOS app
- 1 PhoneGap app, compiled to iOS and Android
- 1 Unity app, compiled to Android, iOS, and web
- 2 hardware projects using raspberryPis with various attachments