Below are the team testing assignments for the Quality Assurance Milestone. You have been given read access to the other team's repo. This will allow you to add Issues to their github repo page as explained in the Milestone. Please use the "bug" and "enhancement" labels as explained in the Milestone. Note that you will be testing their RC1 Release, which is due this Sunday at midnight. So, don't start testing until that Release is published.
You are here
Capstone Computing Project
Remember to keep in contact with your client. Optimally, every week you create a release for your client, email it to them, ask them for feedback, incorporate the feedback into your current set of open Issues. If they don't reply, it is fine.
The Beta, RC1, and 1.0 Release are just the times when we do grading. They are major releases. You should be getting feedback from your client constantly, not waiting for a major release.
The meeting times for this semester are now set. You should have received my email invite by now. If not, you can always see all the team meeting times in my calendar. All meetings are in my office: Storey 2231.
Please fill out the form below by Friday Jan 19 @11:59pm. Meetings will start on Monday.
Welcome to CSCE 492 Spring 2018, the second part of our Capstone project class. I have several announcements to start the semester:
- We will be using github's new team discussions (also linked to by the octocat on this page, bottom left) instead of gitter. Note also that each team has their own team discussion at
https://github.com/orgs/SCCapstone/teams/<your-repo>You will want to bookmark that page as there is no quick link to it from your repo. Read about team discussions.
- Read the Syllabus and the Milestones for this semester.
- If you are not registered for CSCE 492 then you are not on the team. Register now if you want to take the class.
- If you were not in 490 last semester then tell my your github username by filling out this form by the end of the first day of classes. I will then assign you to a team. Teams, be on the lookout for new members. Help them come up to speed with your codebase as they need to be committing code by the end of January.
- Once I assign people to teams I will post here a form asking for the available meeting times. I plan to do so in the first week of classes.
We would like to thank Boeing for their generous support of our Computer Science and Engineering Capstone project. This year they donated $10,000 for the purchase of the Virtual Reality gear that you see here: two HTC Vive setups along with computers to run them. One of our student teams working with them to build a VR application to help in the repair and maintenance of aircraft by showing the user which parts should be removed, and in which order.
Before filling these out, make sure you read the team members' assessment rubric.
Fill out and submit the form below once for every team member, including yourself. That is, you will have to come back to this page and re-submit the form with your review of each team member. I will be the only one who reads these, no student will read them. Remember to also submit a review of yourself. Deadline is Dec. 8 @11:59pm.
The times assignments for presentation day are below. Note that all regular meetings between your team and me for any of these 3 days (Wed, Thursday, or Friday) are cancelled.